Thursday, October 28, 2010

Scariness Series: Part Two

The 'tween toothpaste in my bathroom was a little scary. 

But not really that scary.   

Not nearly as scary as what I found in my pantry last week: 




Just reading that phrase, "skinless almonds," sends shivers up my spine. 

What's even worse is that they're skinned and covered in sea salt.   When I saw these on my shelf I wondered, "What did the little almonds do to deserve this?"  Skinning the almonds seems like some archaic form of punishment.   Salting them after skinning just adds insult to injury.  

I admit, I did eat a few of the poor, denuded almonds, but then I put the bag back on the shelf.  It just made me too sad.....I've always been a little sensitive like that.  


PS -- I'm very thankful to have a pantry; I lived about 10 married years without one.   And I'm thankful for a husband who is health concious about his snacks :-). 

1 comment:

and 2 became 5 said...

i bet skinless almonds are price-y - it seems like a tedious thing to take all the clothes off of an almond. but maybe they're frisky & shimmy off their skins voluntarily. Who knows. EIther way, you've ruined my love for almods with a weird image stuck in my head.