Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Billie Jean is Not My Lover

One of our campus ministry directors often says, "Lovers Tell," as in, if you are crazy about something, you won't stop talking about it.   When you're in love, you tell everyone you know, ad nauseam, about the object of your affection.  

So, with whom do you think this person is "in love"? 



I have to say, that's quite a tribute.....especially to be on a small, neutral-colored sedan.   (And this photo is not off the internet; I parked in front of this little gem a couple of weeks ago.)

Having my obsession airbrushed on my automobile may be a little over the top for me, but what do I learn from this?   (Besides the fact that the owner of the set of wheels above is not ashamed to be an MJ fan.)

I learn that I can't hide my true love   What I'm thinking about, watching, meditating on, and spending my time and money on will, in various ways, be apparent to others as it spills out into my life.  

Jesus puts it this way:  "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."  (Luke 6:45) 

Jesus was always saying wise things like that.  

For thought:  If whatever you're most in love (obsessed/concerned) with were airbrushed onto your car, what would it be?  

5 comments:

Katie Orr said...

Wow, that is ridiculous!

I hope that Christ would be what was airbrushed on my car, but I fear that my kids, or even myself (my plans, my desires, etc) is often what my "true love" is.

Andria said...

I LOVE your blog Emily! I discovered it last week and have enjoyed all of your writings!
I would love for Jesus to be the airbrushed paintig on my car, but on most days it would honestly be Ricardo and/or my kids. This is a great encouragement to me to focus my heart on Jesus, my true love.

dePositing said...

My really cute granddaughters, of course, but inside each of their hearts would be a picture of Jesus. They are true believers and I have been inspired by their unconditional and unequivical faith.

Unknown said...

Goodness, what a convicting thought to start my day...today it would be my youngest granddaughter (she's coming today)...any other given day, it would be 'whatever.' Praying that my focus would be in the right place...heaven above! Thank you!

Emily Mc. said...

You guys are so noble! I think I would have MYSELF painted on my car :-). Thanks for your comments!